Why Join a CSA?
Our members often tell us they enjoy being a part of our CSA for the following reasons:
- Unbeatable freshness—tender baby salad greens that hold up all week, bell peppers with unsurpassed sweetness, eggs laid within days of distribution…
- Abundance—a generous variety of certified organic vegetables at a value less than if purchased at a store or farmers’ market
- Relationship—knowing where and how your food is grown and who is growing it
- Health—a steady of supply of fresh vegetables means you’ll be cooking healthier, snacking healthier, feeling healthier
- Kid friendly—members frequently tell us how their kids look forward to finding out what’s in a week’s share, often eat vegetables they’d otherwise never touch, and can’t get enough of the carrots. We do strive to include staple veggies each week that a child or conservative vegetable eater is more apt to eat.
- The "aha!" factor—members enjoy the element of surprise and being able to get an array of vegetables that standard grocery stores don’t stock; some say it simply helps to get them out of a rut—away from eating the same old vegetables every week